Thursday, May 28, 2009

When Your Article Gets Ripped Off!!

I recently submitted an article, 10 Ways To Write Killer Sales Copy, to http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Usha_Krishnan_Sliva. For those of you who receive my ezine-Getting It Write!, you would have read this article on the 20th February 2009 issue.

So, surprise, surprise, when they contacted me to say that someone had already used this article and sent me a link. Clicking on the link, I found the same exact article (the person hadn't bothered to change even the title!!) on Associated Content, dated 15th April 2009; under a different author name!

It really ticks me off when people assume they can 'borrow' articles, without author permission or link-backs! Please don't do it folks. It takes us time to research and write an article, and while we are mostly happy to share our work, we really would like credit (or money ;) for it. It's copyright infringement and will treated as such.

4 comments:

Lloyd Lemons said...

Hope you're going to chase down the perpetrator, and hang em. Good luck.

Usha Krishnan Sliva said...

Thanks! Associated Content has got in touch with me and withdrawn the article. But I'd like to see if they take it further. If not, will do so myself.

Angela said...

Hi There! Thanks for the add on Blog Catalog. Please see my post at http://www.freelancewritingjobs.ca/2009/03/26/a-new-way-that-people-are-trying-to-get-free-articles/ and check out the comment from Laura at Associated Content - you may want to get in touch with her.

Usha Krishnan Sliva said...

Thanks Angela,
I already did and the article has been removed and I can't see the person's name on their site anymore.