Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bob Bly is in my Home!

I ordered some 'teach your kids to play the piano' books for my daughter, as as postage was higher than the cost of the books themselves, I decided to add on a few more books for myself. In keeping with my New Year's Resolution to read more work related material, I avoided spy thrillers (am not as yet attempting a novel ;(, and stuck to books I believe every freelance writer should read.

This one is for your bedside table, desk, bookshelf or wherever you keep your well-read books. Robert Bly is a copywriting and freelance guru, who (and I didn't realize this) has written over 60 books! Whether you are a novice writer or someone who's had a number of years of writing under your belt, this is still the book for you. Bob Bly also has a website http://www.bly.com/new/index.html and is a BIG believer in ebooks, but bewarned: if you do sign up for his newsletters, he will inundate your inbox with emails.

GRAB THIS BOOK:



GRAB THIS BOOK:



And if you feel your career is sagging and needs a boost, GRAB THIS BOOK:

7 comments:

Francesco Rossi said...

Hi, take a look at my blogs and, if you like them, follow them...
Something is written in Italian, but if you're interested in u can ask me for translations...
Thank

Essay Writer said...

That's something I desperately needed, I will definitely buy "Working Writer Happy Writer" ASAP.

Essay Help - Essay Writing - Custom Essays

IM said...

Do you think, these books really help?

Essay Writing UK - Essay Writing - Custom Essays

Usha Krishnan Sliva said...

I think reading certainly helps improve writing skills. Most writers are avid readers. I enjoy reading just about anything, but if I had to select, I usually go two ways: thrillers, biographies, historical fiction and fantasy (e.g. Terry Pratchett) are books I enjoy reading for pleasure. And then the books I've mentioned and others too are my 'learning books'. The one's I've selected are written in an easy to read style, so it doesn't become heavy reading. At the same time my copies are heavily underlined- I've gotten a lot from them. I suggest borrowing them from the library before buying them- that way if you don't like them, you've not lost any money over it.

Anonymous said...

Usha I agree to you, but again its the matter of how much you eager to learn

Essay Help - Essay Writing - Custom Essays

Usha Krishnan Sliva said...

Definitely, in the end it's always up to the individual- how much he wants to learn or grow.

I've written a couple of other posts on reading:
http://writechoiceforyou.blogspot.com/2009/11/read-lot-write-lot.html
and
http://writechoiceforyou.blogspot.com/2010/01/why-you-must-read.html

You don't have to read any of the books I've recommended, but I do hope you'll read something you enjoy.

Usha Krishnan Sliva said...

Ciao Francesco, Il vostro blog รจ molto buono. Thank you for going through mine.