Thursday, May 27, 2010

Outsourcing to get a life

It's been a while since I last wrote on this blog, as I've been swamped- with work, the kids' activities, a car which needed fixing... the list is endless.

And then one day last week, I received not one, but four emails from blog and marketing experts I subscribe to - John Chow, Jonathan Volk, Jeremy Schoemaker, and Yaro Starak about John Reese's outsourcing. My inbox was flooded with reasons as to why I should subscribe, and NOW!

I didn't, and his program is filled, so I'm interested to see the feedback it receives. Incidentally, have you noticed that most marketing gurus have John or Jeremy as their first name? That aside, the reason I've linked to their sites is because they do offer great advice. My own advice to you though, is to select one or two of them to begin with. Most of them make their money via affiliate programs, and if it's a popular offer (like John Reese's coaching), you'll get the same message from all of them.

Anyway, it got me thinking about the services I outsource in my life. I did consider outsourcing my housekeeping, but at CA$130 for two hours, that's sometimes more than what I make! So that leaves me with the occasionally babysitter for evenings, the sitter for the kids when I'm working, summer programs to keep them busy and out of my hair, my site's web design and maintenance, and my accounting and financial matters. I haven't started outsourcing extra work like some writers do, but that's something to consider.

Any ideas on what else a freelancer can outsource to maximize time and efficiency? Write me.

And in the meantime, I'm off to scrub the sink and load the dishes!

No comments: